Friday, April 11, 2014

Today was another FUN Friday in my room! I love rewarding the kids for their efforts with FUN and engaging activities. :) Today in my kindergarten groups, we practiced sight words in a game that I like to call SPLAT!
I have a bulletin board with fly swatters and words. I call out the word and the student gets to SPLAT the word with the fly swatter. I have dry erase decals with flowers on the board now, but maybe next year I'll change them to bugs or bees! We'll see! After they had individual turns and I saw that they were not WHACKING the board as hard as they could, I let them race against each other with 2 fly swatters! So fun!
In my second grade groups, we worked on vowel teams and diphthongs! They love anything BINGO, so I made this BINGO game! You can get your Vowel Team BINGO game here.
Only 39 student days until summer break... I can't believe how fast this year has gone by!
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment